Whether you are a fashion blogger or a clothing brand, achieving the perfect high-quality fashion fyuse can be a challenge. We've consulted our Fyuse experts to bring you our best tips!
1. Portrait vs Landscape: Portrait fyuses will give you better composition and framing for fitting in half and full-body shots. It is also the best choice when showing off a particular piece of clothing or an entire outfit. Landscape fashion fyuses are ideal if you are doing group shots (with 3 or more subjects) with ample space to move about. We highly suggest wide-angle lens for any landscape fashion fyuses (to fit more in your framing).
2. Indoor vs Outdoor: Lighting will be a key factor in whether you should take a fyuse indoors or outdoors. If you have the proper studio lighting equipment, or ample amount of natural light, taking a Fyuse indoors won't be an issue.
If fyusing outdoors, shoot in the shade, during golden hour (an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset) or on overcast days for optimal lighting conditions. Avoid shooting in direct sunlight, as direct sunlight will create harsh shadows or overexposed fyuses. We've found outdoor fyuses to be especially good for lifestyle concepts, or to incorporate architecture and landmarks.
3. Standing Still vs Moving: We highly recommend that your subject stays still during a fyuse recording. Your viewers/customers can see the outfit/clothes better since they can see it from multiple angles. Too much movement will create blurs and divert focus from the product. If you decide to incorporate movement, do so using a repeated moving action (such as tilting left and right repeatedly).
4. Spacing: It is very important to give yourself enough space to take a fyuse, whether it is indoors or outdoors. So clear the set or pick an area with lots of room to move about. You don't want to bump into a tree, a pole, or a table as you take a fyuse!
5. Background: For indoor shoots, choose a clean or solid wall/backdrop. For outdoor shoots, choose areas that has minimal background noise. Avoid crowded and busy areas.
6. Stabilization: Having steady hands and pacing your moves is key to improving your Fyuses. In fact, we've written a whole blog post about stabilization: http://blog.fyu.se/all-stories/tricks-of-the-trade-stabilization
7. Additional Gadgets: If you want to invest in additional equipment that can help with your fashion fyuses, we suggest a 360 rig, an electric board, or a selfie stick.
Stay tuned for the next Trick of the Trade!